In the light of the globally increasing energy demand, renewable energy sources are becoming more and more important. “Clean” energy however is not only an industrial trend. Also private persons are looking for ways to produce “home-made” energy. Machine-to-Machine technology contributes to an optimised energy management.
Roman Baminger, Customer Service Manager at Microtronics, has a lot of experience concerning home-made energy. In our last Homestory, Roman already introduced his M2M solution for his photovoltaic system. In today’s video he talks about how to manage wind turbines that are often located in outlying areas with M2M technology.
Due to the wireless data transmission via GSM/GPRS, M2M technology enables to monitor wind turbines remotely with a PC. This is especially helpful when wind turbines are located in outlying areas. System failures or breakdowns are detected promptly without being on site. The transmitted data is stored on a cloud system which offers various visualisation options. You are for example provided with weekly, monthly or annual analyses which help you to optimise your energy management or to make forecasts.
The advantages with M2M technology at a glance:
- Permanent data transmission via GSM/GPRS
- Permanent monitoring via PC
- Alarming in case of system failures or breakdowns
- Various visualisation options
- Optimised energy management
This may also interest you:
- Increased speed-to-market & flexible tariffs for the IoT - 11/20/2014
- The connected heating - 11/19/2014
- Linz Center of Mechatronics & M2M expert Microtronics are cooperating - 11/11/2014